We will use “Auto FTP manager” to setup auto-upload of inventory in an FTP server.
- Download the software and install it in your PC/ system where you manage your inventory.
- After you have installed the software, launch it.
- You should see something like this
Setting up the connection
- Select the “Automated Profile” instead of “Quick Connect Profile” and click on the “Next” button.
- Select the folder which contains the file that you will update regularly and will be used to synchronize your inventory on Liquid Diamonds. I suggest creating a folder named “Liquid Diamonds” and we will be using the same for this tutorial.
- In the next step, as you can see below, browse the local “Liquid Diamonds” folder which contains your inventory
- Fill in details of the FTP connection as provided to you via email.
- You can verify if the connection is active and you are able to access with filled in details by clicking on “Test Connection“. On a successful connection, you will see something like this below
- If the test connection fails, retry after checking FTP details and credentials and if it still doesn’t work, contact the Liquid Diamonds team.
- Skip this step if the email that you received doesn’t ask you to upload inventory in some folder like “files”. Once the test connection is successful, you can browse the folder on the remote server by clicking on “Browse” and select the folder that appears. See below for details. If no folders are shown, you can leave it as it is and continue to next step.
Setting up a scheduler for auto-upload
- Click on “Next” and select the first option, if not already selected, to “Transfer files from PC…. to FTP …”.
- Now we will set up a scheduler that will automatically upload any changes to your inventory to Liquid Diamonds’ FTP server. You need to click on “Configure” in the “Schedule Transfers” section. This should open a pop-up shown below. Select “Daily” from left-hand side options. After that set “Repeat after every:” to 1 Hour(s). We can save this setting by clicking on “OK” and “Close” the scheduler pop-up.
- Now, click on “Next” to go to the last step of the process. You can name the profile as we have done below and complete the process by clicking on “Create“.
TIPS – In order to launch the application on when windows start and auto FTP manager to run in the background, click on top-right “Settings” icon and select first 2 options i.e.
- Launch Auto FTP Manager when windows start.
- On Application launch, minimize Auto FTP Manager to system tray.
See the below screenshot for more details.
I hope this helped you in setting up auto upload to the Liquid Diamonds FTP server. If you have any issues contact Liquid Diamonds team at email@example.com